Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lucy and Rach go for a walk

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Yesterday my lovely roommate and I went for a walk. We have always heard that there are lots of trails behind our house and haven't thought to explore them until now. I am so glad we did because there seem to be miles of them going in every direction; following streams, going up to my favorite place, Eagle Rock, and meandering through slightly eerie meadows of burned trees. There was a fire a few years ago and everything still looks pretty burned, it is amazing to see how many trees survived though; they are still growing even though the bottoms of their trunks are scarred by the flames.
Rach and I always have good talks whenever we go walking and we got to thinking about this summer and all of the festivals we want to go to. I told her about the Wassaic Project, which I attended almost two years ago (you can see my post about it here) and she told me all about Spaghetti Fest, which used to be held at her parents campground. I really hope to take a road trip and be able to make it to both of them and a few other festivals this year! After we emerged from the forest we were heading back to our house when we saw the sun setting over the lake, and we couldn't resist wandering down to the dock and waiting for the moon to rise. Sometimes I let myself get a little bogged down with the stress of living up here and always having to search for the next seasonal job, and then I sit by the lake and remember why it's all worth it. It truly is a magical place!
Are you planning any fun trips for the summer?

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Tahoe Hike

Boots, Scarf, Brooch: Thrifted; Shorts: Topshop; Sweatshirt: Tahoe Made Attire

4 comments:

Bad Joan said...

Love these images!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

GIVEAWAY GOING ON NOW!

Anastasia said...

Amazing pictures!!!It seems like a great place and I like your shorts!
x

Anonymous said...

Cool pics :) Sounds like you got lots planned for the summer.
Everything is up in the air for me at the moment: Either we'll be moving to the US this summer or we'll be moving house locally and get a car so we can take day trips. If we do stay in the UK I'd like to take a holiday abroad and see more live music too. Should be an exciting year either way :D

Unknown said...

love the scarf. you live in wicked place!! can i move in with you? ;)

xo katrina
theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails