Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blue Velvet on Memorial Day

Blue Velvet

Blue Velvet

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Hope your day off was filled with sunshine, time with friends and BBQ's!
I didn't have the day off today but the boat company I work at was hosting the sea plane splash in, so we had a big BBQ outside and watched all of the planes landing and doing flyby's. It was so exciting to see all of the planes land right in front of us; I was pretty impressed because some of them were tiny and we had pretty big waves out on the lake today!

Blue Velvet

Blue Velvet

Blue Velvet

After work I went to yoga (if you follow me on twitter you know that I've been having a serious yoga obsession lately) and then hung out with Rach on the beach. We juggled and played on the playground. It was the perfect way to end the evening.
Tomorrow we are going to a fire dancing class, I am so excited! Lately I have been really into poi and hooping (perhaps I need to join the circus?) and such so I think it will be really fun!

Blue Velvet

Blue Velvet

This dress is still my favorite dress in my closet. Wearing it out in Tahoe got me quite a few stares though! I went in to work to check my schedule and got told by one of the guys I work with "you look like you stole your grandma's wardrobe" and by the other one that I look like I "go to church and secretly listen to Jane's Addiction". I can never win here, haha! Oh and you may have noticed from the photos that we haven't quite reached summer status. I'm really hoping for it though! I can't wait to spend all of my time off at the beach!
Boots, Coat, Belt, Brooch: Vintage, thrifted; Dress: Topshop
Blue Velvet

Blue Velvet

What did you do for memorial day?

20 comments:

Jenny said...

You are pretty much wearing my dream dress. It incorporates everything I love- velvet, long sleeves, and a collar! Oh man, having your car break down in the middle of Death Valley sounds absolutely horrible. It must have been really really hot. But the wild flower bloom is lovely in the Spring (and the weather isn't too hot!) xx

captain kimi said...

the dress is beautiful. love the little collar. it's crazy you guys still have snow. something I haven't on my radar at all. but as I loooooooooove your coat I'm pretty happy about it. so I can still admire it (just thinking of myself - I'm awful! ^^)

love, kimi

Unknown said...

The fact that you own a superpretty blue velvet dress makes me envy you so much! And that you are thin enough to wear it without looking like a dumpling makes me envy you even more! ;D
I LOOOVE the photos, so beautiful!

amalie said...

so cute! i loooove your dress xx

Nadine Flatt said...

LOVELY!!!!

Unknown said...

You look lovely in this dress! I adore this collar (especially since it is lacey!) and the combo in general! Hopefully you'll be able to go more often to the beach soon! Heres to summer. :)

AGATA WIJAYA said...

how pretty you are!
nice dress with the color and the lace.
i really adore your style.
love the vintage style that you bring<3

Angel Garcia said...

I love seeing people wear velvet! Not enough people do!

All the best, Angel

voyager said...

wow amazing :)

Anupriya DG said...

Oh! These pictures have such a nice fairytale-like feel about them! Loving the velvet dress!!! :)

P.S: Thanx for dropping by on my blog...

roberto syrious said...

wow this dress looks so vintage
and it really suits you!
congrats girl! love it
hope you'll follow me so i'll do the same
xoxo

Syriously in Fashion
Facebook

Gorgeous Clara said...

that's such a beautiful dress!

Sara said...

Absolutely love the dress! I am a new follower. :)

Marise said...

That topshop dress is pure perfection! I've loved it since the first time I saw it and it looks amazing on you :)

the nyanzi report said...

i love the texture and colour of you dress. so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

alessandra nitti said...

amazing! love all these photos! very artistic

http://wonderfashionista.blogspot.com/

Fashionistable said...

I love your dress. The guys in your office know nothing. It is amazing you still have snow on the ground. Xxxx

Claggie said...

I can see why that dress is a favorite! It is absolutely adorable. I love the collar. These photos look so whimsical! I think being told that you look like you stole your grandma's wardrobe is a compliment :)

two birds said...

you look absolutely stunning! these pictures look straight from a fairy tale! i love the dress!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails