Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

Peanut Butter Cups

A few months ago I decided to go vegan, and this is one of my favorite dessert recipes. The problem is, every time I make these peanut butter cups, all of my roommates eat them right up, they definitely don't stay around for long! I got this recipe from Alicia Silverstone's book, The Kind Diet. If you're interested in going vegan it is a great book to read.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Earth Balance butter
3/4 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter (Unsweetened)
10 Graham Cracker Squares (crushed)
3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar or Brown Rice Syrup
1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup rice milk

Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and agave and mix well. Remove the mixture from heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Top with chopped nuts. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.

Peanut Butter Cups

Do you have any favorite vegan recipes?

2 comments:

ashleyn said...

Although I am not a vegan I do love vegan recipes and try to eat them as much as possible. The first photo sucked me in! These look amazing!!

Hanna said...

I'm vegan and I love the blog "Chocolate Covered Katie" I made some of my own chocolate the other day, wondering if it would work in this recipe (might have to leave out the milk) I will definitely have to give this a go.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails