Friday, September 30, 2011

Nothing But Your Eyes Across The Campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire

Here's a little glimpse into my life when I'm not prancing about wearing pretty dresses. Camping is one of my favorite activities and I am so lucky that I have incredible scenery and spots to camp right in my backyard! On the night last week when I took these photos we didn't decide to go camping until 7:30. We packed up my friend Bobby's truck and jetted up into the mountains where we set up his tent (affectionately dubbed Hotel Kurylo) and whipped up some food and s'mores. My favorite part about being friends with so many musicians is that they bring their instruments everywhere. They played some Johhny Cash, Ben Harper, and jammed a little bit while I fiddled with my camera settings. The quality of light was so interesting because of the fire and I got some pretty sweet shots. I'm going camping again this weekend and I'm excited to get some more fire photos. Sorry this post is a bit image heavy, I just had such a good time taking these that it's a little hard to separate out the photos because I like them all!

Joey Dubs:
campfire

I'm always making fun of Bobby for playing with his hair, and I finally caught him on camera!
campfire

Jack:
campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire


The night was so clear that we could see the Milky Way so brightly, Venus, and the Andromeda Galaxy. I am so thankful that I can see so many stars every night - it's one of my favorite parts about living away from the city. I wish I could have gotten some photos of the stars but sadly the stock lens on my camera wasn't quite up to that! I was at a full moon party a few months ago and saw a photographer using a fish eye lens for his night shots; they turned out wonderfully! One of these days I would love to save up enough money to get some fun lenses for my camera.

campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire

campfire


What is your favorite time of day to take photos? Do you have a go-to lens?

campfire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails