Saturday, March 12, 2011

What does a concussed girl wear?

Vintage Scarf

Hello people I adore! Here are some shots of me oh so nonchalantly chilling by my woodpile. My neighbor came home and caught me taking these and it was awkward. I'm sure all of you have been caught trying to take outfit photos in a weird place at some time or another. It's kind of hard to explain to whoever is giving you weird looks, right?

Vintage Scarf

Those of you who follow me on twitter know that I have been having a quiet week because I got a concussion on Tuesday night after a semi-unfortunate, partly hilarious sledding incident. My resort's ski patrol has a race every year which involves lots of dressing up, drunkeness, and a bit of speedy skiing. This year, the theme was saucerboy, Shane McConkey's alter ego. Here is a video of the race; our patrollers are the ones looking like they're having a ridiculously good time. (Some other patrols who shall not be named take the race waaay to seriously and don't dress up which I think kind of ruins the fun!)


I dressed up as "saucerette", the female version of saucerboy, and while saucering down to the lodge I got hit by one of the patrollers who was unsuccessfully trying to use an ice axe as a brake. All I remember is waking up in the back of the ski patrol sled and watching the sky go by, wondering how the heck I got there. After a few hospital visits I've been back on the mountain, and tomorrow I'm doing a backwards ski race with the other instructors, so hopefully my brain stays firmly in place! Tonight I spent the night baking 100 cupcakes as prizes for the kids who are racing (facing forwards, of course) against us. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share!

Vintage Scarf

Vintage Scarf

This outfit is totally made up of recent thrift finds. All from Reno, which seems to be the best place in the world for thrifting. I wish I lived closer so I could go more often!

In other news, my godsister/soul soother/stylish thrift buddy started a blog, and I love all of the posts she has done so far. They make me miss her and her lovely Scottish accent and also San Francisco. Check her out over at A Fine Day for Sailing.

Vintage Scarf

Do you guys have any new blog discoveries you've been loving lately? I'm looking for some new blogs to check out! Hope you're all having a happy weekend!

22 comments:

DANIELLE // DKD DESIGNS said...

Ouch, hope your feeling better! Love the outfit but with that much snow and bare legs you must be freezing!
xoxo

Jane Alisa said...

Lovely outfit, the scarf is nice touch. xoxo

Rachel said...

Oh, glad to hear you're feeling better! I really like your scarf; the colorfulness is really pretty against the neutral sweater. :)

Unknown said...

Great Blog n outfit x

http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

islabell said...

Lucy lucy lucy. That would only happen to you! poor thing. Glad to hear you are back to work tomorrow.

I love that pastel yellow granny cardi. Reno thrifting is bomb dot com.

Thanks for the sweet comments about my blog. I MISS YOUR FACE. lets figure out a way to get together soon.

xxx

Unknown said...

Love that sweater! Are you bare legged...in the snow?! You strong woman! I've had awkward encounters too but I just don't bother to explain haha :)

Moniek said...

Stunning photos and outfit!

two birds said...

ok i guess i need to go to reno! i laughed out loud about your neighbors...i think all of mine know by now that i am always taking weird pictures of myself! that sweater is great, i love it with the scarf!

ching said...

oh i know that feeling of being caught taking photos..haha i kind of just keep shooting. and you look great!

Bluefemme said...

I love your outfit!
http://justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Looking good! I can't believe you are doing another race so soon after getting hurt! You are one brave gal - I'd be scared out of my mind!

Shope and Shore said...

Haha your neighbours made me giggle! Gorgeous scarf as well :)

Shope
http://londonscloset.blogspot.com
xxxx

the ineffable soul said...

this video made me really want to go back to canada to ski :( sounds/looks like you've been having a lot of fun - with the exception of concussion of course!
love your jumper and hope you're all recovered now :) x

Amber said...

oh wow, well luckily you are okay. I cant imagine backwards skiing?!?! I cant even ski facing forwards :)

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I like how youre getting right back into it straight away though haha

Just letting you know that because you follow me, you can enter my giveaway here: http://www.thursdayschilddiary.com/2011/03/2x-giveaway.html

Goodluck! Have a lovely week! x

ps. I love that skirt, although am wondering how on earth youre not wearing 10 pairs of trousers and a huge jacket with the snow !

Bisous Natasha said...

Lool I know the feeling. That's why I go on the rooftop sometimes. I'm sure the neighbours across are enjoying it haha!

Oly Bliss said...

Pics totally worth it x

ABIGAIL NY said...

Love you're sweater.

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

Chicca said...

Nice to read you're feeling better! Lovely sweater!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I totally missed this post and reading the next one on I just went "what, what what? concussion?!" Glad you're feeling better, you certainly look lovely :) Love the colourful scarf

Raquel said...

I love this look, the jumper and scarf are so nice :)
I read your friend's blog, she's lovely and has amazing luck on thrifting!

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit! the scarf and shoes are so perfect with the look :) & I must say, I've been to a lot of blogs since I started 3 years ago and your photos are some of the nicest!
xx

http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails