Monday, November 1, 2010

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

Lucy Diamonds

I decided to get a little creative with my Halloween costume this year and here is the result. The headdress is actually a necklace, and when I went into the store to buy it the lady selling it to me asked if I was getting married. I didn't have the heart to tell her that you would give me millions of dollars worth of chocolate to coerce me into wearing something this gaudy on my wedding day! It was fun for the night though.
I made the cape and added star studs to it. They were pretty sweet, I was thinking it would be fun to add them to an item of clothing that I might wear on a day other than Halloween but they poked me all night so they will have to remain twinkling away in my closet.

Lucy Diamonds

Lucy Diamonds

Here is a picture of my lovely roommate Peter Pan:

Lucy Diamonds

And my other roommate and her boyfriend the French Mimes. I did her eye makeup, and I think they look great!

Lucy Diamonds

I have been loving all of the Halloween shenanigans that people have been posting about today. Send me your pictures!

Lucy Diamonds

14 comments:

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

cute costume! very creative. :)

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

Amber said...

Your costume was awesome!

Kat Fraley said...

What a creative costume! I'd wear your cape outside of Halloween! Last year a friend of mine was "Rocky Raccoon" and it was pretty cute too.

Elanor said...

I love your costume! I like all your rings too. :)
I was a gypsy for halloween - i posted a picture yesterday.

have a great week!
xx elanor

Kelly said...

You look great! I love all the rings.

Rio said...

Awww I love it! Your costume is perfect, and I love the makeup you did for the mimes too! Glad you had fun! :)
(http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

love how you made that necklace into a headpiece :) you look wonderful lucy! i am loving that velvet dress!

Louder Than Silence said...

Ahh you look ace. As do the french mimes, very good indeed!

Sally x
Louder Than Silence

paanie said...

what a fun idea. the mime makeup is really great!

Chaucee said...

Thanks for your comment! I agree about Target tights being good quality. I've bought a couple pair from them last season and they haven't ripped or torn or faded at all. The ones I get from other stores rip within the first week! They are definitely my go-to spot for tights now : )

Also, I LOVE your outfit! That's so awesome. Great idea!

E said...

What an elegant costume! I love the velvet and jewels :-)

Sarah with an "h" said...

That is so cool! Very creative, Lucy. Your friends' costumes are great as well. :)

:o)Sarah
www.restlessromantic.blogspot.com

Claggie said...

Your costume is awesome! I love it! My boyfriend and I were Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner. It was fun! :)

Kristin said...

Having a CLEARANCE SALE!! Most items $5.00 come stop by guys!

www.atasteofthis.etsy.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails