Friday, October 15, 2010

Doing the Charleston

Charleston

Ok so about that last post where I said that I wouldn't do any more posts indoors? Whoops. I just had to show of the things my new camera can do! I eventually gave in and bought a DSLR (why hello debt, nice to get to know you better) because I've been covering some concerts and it got to the point where I just needed a better camera to take pictures in the low light. I got the Canon Rebel t2i, which I've had my eye on for awhile.

Charleston

Charleston

I took these pictures in my living room before I went out with some friends, and I think it looks like I'm heading out to do the charleston with my big faux fur coat and headpiece. This coat is one of my favorite items in my wardrobe, and you're going to be seeing a lot more of it as it gets colder. I found it at Goodwill after searching for the perfect faux fur coat for ages. I saw it but I thought it was overpriced ($70!) for Goodwill so I had to leave it behind. Well then of course, I just couldn't get it out of my head so I went back a few days later to get it. Now...this is so bad and you'll probably all hate me but I pulled the tag off because I thought it was such ridiculous price, and had one of the staff reprice it. Well she put it at $40! Oh gosh, I am dreadful, I essentially stole $30 from Goodwill. I am a notorious haggler, I once got a pair of boots in Urban Outfitters for $8 which were originally $80 because I complained that one boot was a lighter color than the other. I don't feel bad about that, but about Goodwill...that's just awful!
Anyway, that's is my beautiful coat. I wear it all the time and it is so warm (but really heavy...it keeps breaking all of my hangers!).

Headband: f21; Coat: Goodwill; Dress: French Connection; Tights: UO; Shoes: Kelsi Dagger

Charleston

Charleston

I am going pumpkin picking tomorrow, and I am looking forward to bringing my camera along and getting some good pictures. I hope you're all having the most fantastic weekends! Make me feel better and tell me some of your haggling stories!

18 comments:

Claire Hart said...

thank you for your darling comment :))

your coat and tights are amazing! don't feel about about goodwill. lately i have been finding charity shops are becoming so overpriced its unreal! it makes me so angry, especially for those who actually are less fortunate!

also following you now! :))

xxx

Kelly said...

You look fantastic!!

Don't feel bad - Goodwill totally overpriced that coat! If you think about their target audience - who can afford that?! It is such a fabulous find btw. :)

Oh and I too have been known to negotiate if their is a thread pull, small scuff mark etc..

Kenziefaith said...

Those shoes look awesome with those tights! This is such a cute outfit. And your camera takes lovely pictures! That coat is a great find :)

www.kenziefaith.blogspot.com x

Jasmine said...

ahh how i wish i can join for pumpkin picking

the shots are amazing , hello DSLR , i cant wait to get mine

i love love love the legging and dear u look awesome as always :)

have a happy Sunday

Amber said...

love the pattern on those tights and your living room is a great backdrop for your photos

aprileveryday said...

Oh I do love your dress and tights! Lovely outfit :)

Kirstin said...

You look amazing and the indoor shots are still gorgeous. Your place looks great, so I would be taking indoor photos too!

Kenziefaith said...

Oh! & BTW - I tagged you in this post! So be sure to check that out :)

Unknown said...

your apartment is gorgeous! and you look so deliciously, vintage-ly regal in this outfit with that luscious fur coat! i'm so jealous you have the t2i! i've had my eye on it for a while and then when i used jen's in NYC, i've had this nagging need to buy it since i got back. i hope to see more indoor shoots because i want to see more of your cute place :D

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

hey lucy! thank you so much for the advice! i will definitely keep your encouraging words in mind the next time i see him in class! :) let's hope i don't chicken out! fingers crossed.

i really love your blog, and the pictures you are taking with your new camera! in the close-up your skin looks flawless. i'm jealous!

have fun pumpkin picking tomorrow! i'm not carving pumpkins until next week...but i think we're just going to a grocery store. haha i can't wait to see pictures!

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

p.s, great move on the goodwill jacket! $70 is WAAAAY over priced! i probably would have done the same! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my!! i adore the stockings you have on in these pictures, i would love to have floral tights like that.

xxx

nathalie said...

A "notorious haggler" - this post just made me laugh! You're going to have to teach me someday..

Cute wedges :O

Kristin said...

you have great style. very artsy. i love how you match things! would you care to tell me where you got your earrings?

-Kristin
http://atasteofthis.etsy.com
http://kristindeleon.wordpress.com

JULIA GENEVIEVE said...

Lucy! Hahaha, omg, that is such a gorgeous coat. I think it's worth the 40 bucks. But probably not 70! I definitely need to take you shopping with me so you can haggle for me and save me a bunch of money! ♥ I love your entire outfit!

Lauren said...

This is great, and oh the ole' tag switch a-roo. It reminded me on a book sales I was at for the Detroit PL and one book, only one was ridiculously priced and everything else was standard priced. It sadly lost it's tag and got the same price tag as all the other books I bought. Oops. :)

Your place looks amazing, can I live in the corner of the picture in that chair? It looks comfy and I promise I won't be much work haha.

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Well $70 was way overpriced to begin with for some coat (however nice) at Goodwill. All the thrift stores are getting pretentions of being vintage stores these days.

Lovely pictures!

Isabella Kiss said...

great tights!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails