Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pretty in Plaid


I got this shirt when I was out thrifting a few weeks ago. It's vintage, from Sears. The label inside even says "Sears, the fashion place". Maybe back then it was actually fashionable? I have a soft spot for Sears because the house I grew up in was an old Sears and Roebuck prefab house from the 1800's. It's crazy to think that it's still standing after all this time!

As you can tell from the pictures, the weather here has been nuts. In the 15 minutes I was outside it went from being beautifully sunny to cold and windy. I went inside when it started to rain. I must say, as much as I like escaping the rain by sitting beside the fire with a cup of tea and a good book (or Weeds...netflix watch instantly has obliterated any chance of me being productive) I am so excited for May and some reliable sunshine. I've got some super cute rompers that I cannot wait to wear.

I'm including the last picture because my ducks snuck into it. Their names are Brownie and Moe, and they are a pretty big pain in the butt! We also have another duck named Jemimah Puddle Duck and I have a very old pet chicken named Beatrix Potter. They are a bit of an eccentric clan, and get in lots of fights with each other, although I am convinced that deep down they all love each other dearly.

Shirt: Thrifted
Belt: Vintage Armstrong's, Edinburgh
Skirt: Topshop
Tights: Marks and Spencer
Boots: Vintage, Mars Berkeley
Feather Earring: From my lovely godsister Isla, available at Arkay Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails